Old 03-22-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Welcome Jack and tumbleweed You made it through the worst day Ladybug It only gets better from here. I am irritable with my kids the first day or two also though. I felt sad and out of it all day too. This time has really shown me that I can't keep carrying on like this. I think part of me (my AV) kept telling myself that maybe it won't be so bad to have some good sober stretches and then drink a few days, maybe that's the life I'm intended for. But this time I saw not only how quickly things can escalate, but also that it's taking me longer to pull out of it. What if next time I can't pull out of it, or something really bad happens? I am also looking around me and noticing all the things I didn't take care of like I usually do because I was drinking - just basic things like putting away laundry or wiping down the bathroom counters or taking care of paperwork. Just lost time, and for nothing. I am grateful for all of you here as well. I know I've been babbling today here and there.... Grateful for a sober day and some sober sleep
I totally relate to all the "lost time" FABL. The last 2.5 years my drinking REALLY increased and I literally feel like those years completely disappeared. I can't think about it too much or I started feeling so much shame & regret that it makes me want to drink MORE. Stupid, right?

Anyway...if I learn something from my past & it makes me a better person maybe it will be worth it?