Thread: Racing thoughts
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 01:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BigRed57

I'm at my wit's end with sleep; trying to get to sleep, trying to stay asleep, etc. I've tried all kinds of prescribed meds & taken them as instructed. Some of them work, but only for maybe three days at the most. Same for the herbal drugs too. Then it's back to square one: sleep for 2 hrs straight, wake up for an hour, get another hour's sleep, wake up for an hour, & repeat. On GOOD nights, I'm lucky to get 4 - 5 hours of sleep at the most. I need to be up for work by 3:30 a.m., so I go to bed early. For a couple of hours before I try to sleep, I only have on a tiny light. TV goes off an hour before. I try to make sure I watch something spiritual last. Room is cool & comfortable; house is pretty quiet, dog is next to me. Cell phone is unplugged & downstairs. I can't meditate because my mind won't shut up long enough so I can stay still. Drinking milk before bed will only make me want to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I've also tried reading in bed, but that hasn't worked yet either. Last night, someone's car alarm on my street went off at 2:30 a.m. & I've been up since. If anyone out there has any other ideas for me to try, I'm all ears. This is getting really old really fast. Thank you!