Thread: Day 2
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 01:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stiltskin

Day 2

Just wanted to say hello and let you know a bit about my plight.

I'm 33 and have been a binge drinker since about 17. I've known there's been a problem for a long time but, because I've been doing well at work and have a good social network, I suppose it's been easy to ignore.

After going out last saturday for a friends birthday and not returning home until Wednesday evening though. Having lost my coat, phone and wallet, and feeling so ill Thurs and Fri (paranoia, crazy night sweats etc.), it's come to the point where I now realise that I can never drink again.

Crazy thing is that I can go weeks without drinking without even trying too hard and can go out for a few beers without going off the rails. I can even keep a few beers in the fridge without thinking about them. However, if I go out with the intention of having a few more beers, without a doubt it will turn into a bender, I'll do some really stupid stuff and I'll miss some important work due to partying or withdrawal.

Basically, I don't even like drinking, it messes up my life and I really want to stop. Life would be soooo much better without it. I've thought this for the past 10 years at least, but continue to do so. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Congratulations to everyone who's conquered drink, I hope to learn from you - good luck to anyone embarking on the journey, hopefully we can help each other.

Thanks for reading.