View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
ICanDoBetter

Today is day 39.

Slowly recovering from the chaos of the week. Being honest, leading to Friday nights I do still have thoughts of drinking, but when I arrive home there are not cravings and my sense of habit has definitely shifted. When I get home and really need to decompress for a little bit, I either sit down with my puzzle for ten or fifteen minutes or I escape to my bedroom to be alone for a little bit and that really seems to help with relaxing.

Last evening while my husband was cooking I cleared out and reorganized a few cabinets... One of which included the remainder of a jug of whiskey. Honestly I had completely forgotten it was even there and it has been there all along. I paused for a second and looked at it, debating to dump it or leave it for my husband. I set it on the counter, went about my organizing, and put it away. My husband, who had no idea we had it, made himself a mixed drink with what was left later in the evening... And I found myself annoyed rather than envious or jealous. But then I got over it :-)

Not sure what all is on tap today... Errands, a family dinner, etc. As much as I want to jump back into exercising I'm also realizing I need to give myself some time to recoup and re-energize. The week exhausted me... So I'm not going to overdo it today. Tomorrow ... Swim/bike brick workout is on tap. :-)

And today, I will not drink.