View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

Sober dream?

Hey Gang,

Relaxing here and enjoying this Friday.

The job is done, I got a nap in, my kid is home safe starting his spring break.

I read a post that got me thinking...

But first a glance at the past....

When I was a drunk, I would be 3 or 4 double/triple shots into a weekend binge. My wife would be mad at me. I would pass out around 9 pm and wake up around 5 am with a horrid hangover, tons of guilt and anxiety. I would have forgotten what I had for dinner until I went down stairs and saw the trash.

I would be bloated and ready to start drinking by noon tomorrow. If my kid had baseball, I would have a shot or 2 before leaving, bring booze in a water bottle, then get hammered in my man cave after baseball...

Wake up Sunday craving, but knowing I have to work Monday so I better dry out...pretty much a nightmare.

Just a glance at the past....

Now, the present....

Craving a bit, but w 10+ months of sober time, all this education, a personal mental tape library of the hell drying out has been...I am never drinking again...

More energy then ever...

My friends at the gym tell me I look like a different person.. My wife stares at me...my kid says I am a beast...

The bad is...I still deal w bouts of anxiety every day...

that is my current life...

So....What is my sober dream? What can I now achieve w my new sober life?

I want to be in great shape. Be a great Dad. Be a great Husband. Risk some savings in a capital venture project that could make millions.

Safely but courageously ride my motorcycle again...it has been almost a year....

Get my house in super shape. Keep my cool job. Get a cool used car...

That is about it for now...

Anyone care to offer what their sober dreams and goals are....

Or...

Give me some counselling on my crazyness...

Up to you....