View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Cellardweller

Thumbs up

Well, it's been since the 12th.

The 12th I had beer, mostly to get me through the hangover. Just to get me over the hump, then no more. I tried not to finish all of it. I didn't. The last one is in the garage actually.

It's been this way for the better part of 10 years. (Where I've been drinking, thinking about drinking, etc.) I'd been on three benders now in the last month or so and felt pretty terrible. Big nights lead to low mornings, lead to hair of the dog, leads to...Well, riding that wave.

I'm off it now. I don't want to drink. Life threw me a (humorous) curve ball after my last night out. Time to call it quits with how I was living. I'm working on strategies (a plan) to deal with urges to drink; I'm making drinking like I used to a non-option.

I'm still not sure how this will work with my profession. I've got a lead on a job with a growing company, where I can come in, do the work well, then check out. I can work on my life instead of being obsessed with the product. I like the process as much or more than the product itself, even if I don't care for the product too much anymore. (I drank it without respect. The thrill was gone, as they say.) I do derive satisfaction from technical expertise and execution, hitting the numbers.

A sober industry person?

So we'll see where all this goes. I've been in my line of work for 10 years, but have an interest in agriculture. Can't kill yourself on Spinach, can you? Speaking of, I've been eating a pound a day. Feeling good.

All the best.

Edit: Oh, while I may technically be homeless at the end of the month, (it's well accepted where I am, car camping) I have a lead on a new apartment. Things sort of seem like they are on the up-and-up. Lots of challenges still though.