View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 10:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SmallButMighty

You said you can breathe... remember back to when you couldn't? I remember when I couldn't breathe.. or eat.. or sleep... when I was a zombie at work and a quivering anxiety ridden mess at home. I didn't want to be home...but I didn't want to be out of the house. Uggg

My advice would be to just keep breathing. Lots of deep, cleansing, belly breaths.

You will keep getting stronger and the pain will get weaker. It takes time, sometimes lots of time , but as you have already noticed, it doesn't hurt as intensely as it used to. Keep breathing , putting one foot in front of the other, and things will continue to get better.

It has been almost two years out for me. I still hurt, I still grieve, I still cry.... but not nearly as much nor as often AND I am a much happier , much healthier woman then I was when I was living codependantly in a marriage to an alcoholic.

I still love my ex too, I always will. But I have learned it is OK to love someone from a distance. My life is getting better and better, because of that distance.

Sending you hugs, strength and positive thoughts!