View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 11:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thelatheguy

Dealing with the wreckage

Hey what's happening? I'm sober 46 days now and life isn't too bad. Things could be so much worse and I have to remember that. 46 days ago I made a terrible decision to score some coke. The day being my birthday rationalized that poor decision. To make a long story short, my wife took one look at me when she arrived home from work, and knew I was high. The next day I was told to leave. I left. To make matters worse, I was picked for a random drug test at work. Goodbye best job I ever had. The two most important things in my life slipped away. Fortunately I've asked my wife not to call an attorney just yet and she agreed. I also found another job in my field but half the pay and night shift. It looks like my HP is helping me right off the bat. Now I'm working the steps like there is no tomorrow. Meeting everday at noon. Calling other AA members. Service work too. I admit the pain is devastating at times looking back at what I caused. I'm paying the price. That's where I am today. Dealing with the wreckage. But with a sober mind and body. It could be worse. ....

Last edited by thelatheguy; 03-15-2016 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Misspelled word