View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
IQuitWishIDidnt

It's been 51 daze

I quit drinking 51 days ago and miss it like a drowning man misses oxygen. I stopped because I was having stomach issues that led to sleeping problems. I have a new(ish) job working five-eight hour(ish+) days a week, as opposed to three 12+ hrs a night. I had it gravy...it was like being a fireman who only had to rescue cats out of trees and give the occasional mouth to mouth resuscitation to a unhygienic person Did I mention I worked M-W nights? Off on Thursday until Monday afternoon (this was the best side of the gravy). My advice, if you are comfortable and content (not sad) about your situation, don't change it. I may eat my words (history proves I probably will - assuming I live that long). So here's the biggest rub...Aside from now being more disconnected from my friends and family then I was on the night shift (they were bar friends, but the best friends I ever had - nothing wrong with that IMHO). The biggest rub is...I was already struggling at my newish job, and now I may lose it for lack of performance. My job requires me to be able to think on my feet, solve problems, use deductive reasoning, write reports that have to be reviewed successfully and submitted on time. I toss and turn all night...languish in bed for hours in the morning. Get to work on-time but not mentally sober. Dumb drunk - not alcohol drunk. Just dumb drunk. I have thought through every scenario in the book to make this turn out to the good...and yet I wake up in the same boat everyday. If I get 3 hours sleep straight or 4 total, I'm amazed. WTH can I do? - that's me beating me.