View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 03:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
ICanDoBetter

Today is day 35.

Another crazy schedule long day, but knowing what to expect makes me less anxious.

It occurred to me that my adult self often looks back on my high school self and marvels at how I accomplished so much all in concurrence - honor society, band, sports, part time job, etc. I honestly don't know how there were enough hours in the day.

And then I started to think about my adult self. And how when I was drinking, by outward appearances I was a high achiever, getting all kinds of things done... And yet the house and chores were forever in chaos. Since quitting drinking, Ive gotten more efficient at fitting in my 'me' things and balancing the scheduling of those with time for the kids and chores and such. No longer am I allowing myself the excuse that "it's ok if the house is a mess - it means in living life." No I really wasn't. Now I'm living life. Don't get me wrong, the house is far from spotless, but a drop by visitor wouldn't totally embarrass me.

I guess the point is that I'm no longer marveling my younger self as a lost soul in terms of what all I can achieve with the hours in my day... Now I'm channeling her.

And today I will not drink.