Old 03-13-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
stevieg46

Hi S I S .
Yes the thread has wandered , me i was sick of being sick hundreds of times and made promises that I really meant ,I would have passed a lie detector test with flying colors because when I made those promises right there and then ''I was willing to go to any lengths '' then I was off booze for a while until my alcoholic mind told me ''i wasn't that bad and next time would be different ''.

This thread has wandered over to a debate about God because Bob mentioned the gospels and religion at the outset then Bob mentioned Jesus, then Bob more or less stated he believed in a vengeful God in the old testament then said its the same God in the new testament , my view is that God in the new testament is ''love and spiritual '' old testament in my view is God is vengeful and very harsh .

At the end of the day it should be God as you understand Him /Her not as Bob sees God this is an alcoholism thread and AA s in particular are advised to choose your own ''higher power '' God as Bob understands him would be better posted in the Spirituality or Christian forums , that's wisdom to know the difference . Bob wants his two cents ? others naturally want their two cents what comes around goes around , but it should be civil and not vindictive or malicious .

Regards Stevie recovered 12 03 2006 .if a man hears a different drummer let him march to the drum he hears .