Thread: Sanity tips
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Kata

D122y, Thank you for your concern and comments. While I do agree with you that Krav Maga may be harder to defend in court, I don’t think this will ever prevent me from using the techniques I’ve been learning if I ever have to fight for my life. Also, regarding what you said about “getting the average person getting beat up” or escalating a situation pretty fast, I have to disagree with you. As a 100-pounds-when-wet-woman (am I’m sure most women no matter their stature may feel the same), I am acutely aware that I am physically weaker than any male opponent I’ll ever encounter. One punch/kick is all it takes to injure me and prevent me for defending myself further. As for BJJ teaching many moves from the bottom position, I’m not sure I want to wait until I am in that position to defend myself. I also don’t see a problem with “having to castrate a bad guy” to defend myself! Why should I “fight fair” when my physical integrity is being threaten? I don’t think any attacker crossing my path will think, “oh, that woman is very tiny, it wouldn’t be fair to attack her, I’ll look for someone my own size”! I would also like to add that I haven’t been taught any eye gouges or throat chops. But really, as Priscilla84 said, the point of the class is that it’s a great work out and stress reliever, and does help me feel more confident. I’m sure BJJ could do that for me too, and If I ever get the chance to try it will!
Priscilla84, I’ve been meaning to check out those open and free online classes, but I didn’t know there was an app for that! Thank you!