Thread: he Confessed?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Marcus

Welcome Andrea. I am an addict - well recovering addict with around 4 years clean. One thing most long time friends and family realize and you need to realize is TALK and PROMISES mean nothing when it comes to addiction. The reason he probably came crawling back confessing was because that was his best option at the time. He didn't do it for you he did it for him. He was backed into a corner - thought you were taking off so ran back to you with the sob story to keep you around. I am not saying he can't change, but when forced with ultimatums during active addiction we will say just about anything to keep the status quo. Not rock the boat so to speak. More will be revealed and I don't want to be a downer, but don't get your hopes up until ACTUAL changes are taking place. Talk is cheap. Actually talk gets REALLY annoying eventually - I think most of us would rather the addict just SHUT THE HELL up and actually do something for a change. Sorry if this came across as harsh, but just like the Sun rises in the East - addicts are full of s h * t.