Old 03-11-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Layali

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
Welcome to a new thread!

We're heading into another weekend. Be sure to strengthen your quit by preparing. Don't go blindly into weekends for a while. And don't go in with only the same plan you used last weekend. It's best to keep adding to your plan for a while.

My tip of the day:
Keep a trigger log.
I used the notes app on my phone to create a few notes.

I found it useful to have one note as a place to quickly add a trigger along with what it triggered: craving, depression, anxiety.

Then I had a note for each major trigger where I would drop in ideas for prevention / resolution.

That process helped me in several ways.
- I felt in control for starters. And as you may guess by my avatar, that provided a bunch of relief all by itself.
- It reinforced the idea that what ever I was feeling was temporary and I just needed to tough it out a little bit.
- forced me to keep finding different solutions. Continuously adding new tools was probably THE most important thing I did.
- It made each craving, each WD symptom, each depressive or anxiety state, much more manageable.
- It helped a ton by "moving" something from my mind to "paper". It allowed my mind to move on quicker to other matters.

You guys and gals are doing great. I love to see the sharing that goes on in here. SR is an awesome community, isn't it?

In case you did not already know, SR has live chat meetings Tuesday and Friday evenings @ 9pm eastern. It's a great place to share and learn. And an awesome place to be on a Friday night. My new work schedule prevents me from attending any more, otherwise you'd see me there! Great bunch of people.

Have a great weekend, and QUIT ON!
Thank you. I like this idea.