Thread: In my dreams
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bamboo38

In my dreams

Hi again to all here. I'm on Day 14, and feeling saner, more productive, more emotionally stable, alert every morning, even a little richer (I figure I've already saved a couple hundred between going out to bars and stocking my fridge.)

Obviously there have been some tough times these past two weeks. A few times when my brain tried to tell my brain that I actually don't have a problem, that I can enjoy some wine like I always have, and then just stop again. I've realized that while I could *probably* have a glass or two with friends and that would be it for the night, it's the night after that, and the ones that would follow, that would get out of hand. So I get busy and call a friend and try to rewire my brain.

But when I go to sleep, it's a completely different story! Literally the last four nights (at least), I dream of drinking. I'm out with friends who say, "C'mon, you can have just a few." I met an old friend at a bar who had already had two beers and I ordered two to catch up. I was at a business function and had a drink and when I got home said to myself, I've already started drinking tonight, so why not open a bottle? Every. Single. Night.

I'm not sure if my brain is trying to talk my brain out of not drinking, or if these are warnings... I guess if I had any doubt I have an alcohol issue, this confirms is.

Hoping the dreams ends soon. The good thing? I wake up sober

Best wishes and good luck to all!