View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 08:23 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
kzaug2014

Hi guys n gals,
Blacky, just checkin.

Astro, so glad you liked it. I thought it was right up there with One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Girl Interrupted.

Steely, I've actually never heard Judy Collins and since I'm probably the only person on the planet that doesn't have cable or internet, I can't look her up ( doesn't sound like I want to either lol. )
It sounds like you got a great deal on those 100 yrs old tables. Antique furniture is getting nearly impossible to find at bargain prices. There was a beautiful early Victorian bookcase at auction last Mo., that I really wanted to buy. But, so did another bidder ugh lol. My top bid was $310, but she bid higher. Oh well, I'm sure there's another beautiful bookcase in my future. I'm not out to stick it to anyone lol, but I do have champaign tastes on a beer budget.
Let me know when you receive your book and we'll pop over to the book club forum to discuss it. If anyone else is interested, Steely and I are going to start a book discussion on The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown.

So, I've been thinning out my collections to make more space lately and I goofed today. I have an vintage/antique toys collection that I display on a huge wall shelf & in my china cabinet ( I'm not into china lol. ) Instead of thinning my toys out, all I managed to do was completely re-arrange them lol. Oops!

Tunes of the day....Billy Squire, early Metallica, Nazareth and The Everly Brothers.

Hump day (( hugs )) for all!