View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 12:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

How can someone who after all i did for him just turn around and leave?

the harsh answer? you offered, he took. and felt no further obligation to stick around just because.....

see this is why WE have to be so careful about our HELPING others.....because rarely do we do so without EXPECTING something in return. I will do all <<this>> for you and you in return will love me forever and stay by my side. we may not think that consciously, but it is there.......

so unless at the outset you two had a signed contract that clearly stated what you would do FOR him and then what in turn he would DO for you...........all bets are off.

did he "use" you? yes, but he also used what you freely offered. did he then "suddenly" decide he needs his FREEDOM and split? yes, but you too had reached your own breaking point.

trying to get LOVE from an addict is active addiction is like trying to cuddle with a tasmanian devil or hug a porcupine. there might be a living breathing warm blooded creature in there, but you are going to get pretty beat up TRYING to get close. your life just does not need the insanity. in fact, from here on out CHOOSE sanity....CHOOSE the sane wise course, for you and for your child.