View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
kzaug2014

Hello everyone,
Blacky, will you be continuing your cbt group or AA on your own after your requirement is finished?

Melki, yep, no caffeine. But, nothing superhuman about it. I was just too sick from withdrawals to even think about coffee and water was about the only liquid I could stomach ( besides 7-up & Sprite. ) But, if I could be superhuman, I'd choose to be Storm & I'd make it sunny and 75° everyday, with a light breeze & a thunderstorm once/wk minus the lightning lol.

Steely, I can't even imagine what your brother must have gone through jumping cold from 120mg of methadone! The 1st time I was cut from my meds, I hallucinated badly. It scared the ba-gb's outta me ( I thought I saw the devil yikes! ) So, for someone with schizophrenia to go cold from such a high dose of methadone must have been terrifying and I can easily see withdrawals doing further damage to a schizophrenic's already damaged mind...poor guy.

Wow, you're a great bargain shopper! Is an Op like a thrift store? I don't pay retail for anything either. I bought brand new, overstock punctures and lighting for our entire house for under $50 at auction. I always look up the retail and found out that the kitchen faucet I bought for $9 cost $140 at the store....2 new ceiling fan lights I paid $13 were over $300.....curvy track light for kitchen I paid $1 for was $80 retail ( it was in the wrong box, so no one else bid on it lol. )

My dear grandmother died from Alzheimer's...literally. She forgot how to swallow her food and had a dnr in place. But, the nursing home she was in played classical music all the time after she got real bad. I've read that music can actually prevent the decline of Alzheimer's too and is 1 of the reasons I listen to so much music.

Astro, I agree. God is my rock & I credit Him w/all good things in my life.

Winslow, I'm happy to hear everything's okay. Thx for letting us know. Feel better soon and read on.

(( Hugs )) to all! Peace!