Thread: he Confessed?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Andrea...

Welcome to the Board. I'm sorry for what has brought you here, but thankful that you took that very important step by posting and reaching out for support. Other members will be by during the course of the day to offer you feedback and support, but I'd like to offer my two cents.

The following is funny in a dark way:

He returned yesterday saying he took me for granted. He never thought I'd be strong enough to break up with him. And apologized.
I've been around the block enough times to recognize when someone is full of crap. Your ABF is one of those people. He's sorry only because you kicked his arse to the curb, so now he's scrambling to get his foot back in the door. The thing about people in active addiction is they feel entitled to indulge themselves in self destructive behavior at the expense of everything and anything else. And when someone holds them accountable, they get angry.

Suki's feedback is solid, and I would pay close attention to it. There is no reason to trust him at this point. None. Based on that, act accordingly and do your best to protect yourself and your daughter.

Keep us posted, and again, Welcome to the Board.