Old 03-08-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bluebird418

Those with custody/visitation schedules with XAH/XAW; how does it work for you?

I am curious to know about how you handle your custody or visitation with you xAH/xAW.
Currently, my xAH has no visitation because I suspended it due to his lost service of the SCRAM bracelet which we were using to allow him 1 night a week of overnight visitation. My daughter is only 3 and we go back to court in May since he appealed our past order. I am terrified with the "1 year of sobriety" he seems to have with the bracelet (although the reports were on and off and the bracelet was completely off for one month so who knows), the court will give him unsupervised visitation back. He has told me on multiple occasions he will never stop drinking, and last time we were in court in June, told the judge he had no treatment plan because he just wanted to drink.

What sort of arrangement do you have? Do you have sole custody?

I am in Virginia and I am sure the laws are different everywhere but here its either sole, joint or primary. Right now I technically have primary and I want sole custody (no visitation rights) but it seems so rare. I am terrified of the thought of him getting drunk or high and passing out, or driving her, or him abusing her like he abused me.