View Single Post
Old 02-12-2003, 07:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hangin' In
Southern through and through

Anns, your post reminds me of something I read on this board months ago.

You know how SO MANY good things are written here. I've gained so much knowledged and received so much support even when people had no idea they were helping me through their words. But I can't help think about the time I came here and was reading all the posts like I try to do daily. Someone wrote something very simple, oh, so simple. They said something to the effect that every addict is a child of God.

It was like God was saying it just to me to remind me that my daughter, addiction and all, is still just as much as child of God as I am. And EVERY child of God is special, no matter what their problem. Ever since that day, I've looked at my daughter differently. And I find this all so ironic. I was raised in a christian home and we've raised our kids in a christian home. We are active in our church. And I can't tell you how many times I've heard that we are all children of God.

This just confirms to me that God provides what we need when we need it. And that day I was reading that post, He knew I needed to be reminded that my daughter belongs to Him. Guess God knew that sometimes this ole gal just is slow to catch on to something she'd been taught her entire life.... So glad HE doesn't give up on me nor my daughter.