Old 03-06-2016, 08:36 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
ijustwantaname

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Amazingly I've never been concerned about liver damage, it's breast cancer that scares the hell out of me. Of course that never stopped me from guzzling wine
I'm concerned about all of it. There is breast cancer history (my mother, now cured), strong cardiac history on both sides of my family (lots of heart attack deaths), and the most shameful part of all, I have had an organ transplant in the past that is fortunately still going strong through some kind of luck. Lucky it wasn't my liver. But I must be putting my transplant at risk every time I drink.

So ashamed. As stated in my introduction thread, I am not an everyday drinker and I don't have blackouts and so on. But I don't think that makes my drinking problem any less dangerous. Well not much less anyway.

I really haven't come to grips with the shame yet. Haven't even told my loving, supportive partner that I have joined this forum. He would be glad for it and very supportive but I don't want to admit out loud that I have a problem. Even though he knows, of course. He watches me do it, after all. But saying it out loud carries so much shame for me.