View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Ha I know how you feel KIR! I have a skiing holiday planned in Dec and I am already nervous about whether I am going to drink. I suffer from panic attacks and they are triggered by claustrophobia and agoraphobia . I have a fear of flying. Had being a passenger in someone's car. Ugh the list goes on. Lol. I sound like a right fruitcake.
The way I combatted any attacks was by drinking on it so I am already thinking / planning to drink in Dec...it's madness.

How long are you sober and what is paws?
KNB- I have 117 days. I thought it was 119 yesterday, but I jumped the gun! Haha. 3 days and it will be 4 solid months. I'm pretty sure that's the longest I've been without a drink since I was in my late 20's (except when pregnant). It's amazing how we can quit for that, but I guess we don't have to explain that sobriety to others. (Maybe I will tell people I might be pregnant! Haha).
Anyway PAWS is Post Acute Withdrawl Syndrome or symptoms? You should look it up and read about it. It hits me every month or so, but now I know to look for it. I had a few tough days this week where I could barely function I was so utterly depressed and anxiety ridden.
The first time I had intense cravings for 3-4 days. That one almost broke me, but everybody on SR explained it to me and I was able to pull through.

I'm sure by next December you'll have plenty of sober time and it won't be as tough as you think it will be. Your sobriety comes first so you can always cancel your ski trip if you need to, but each day we get a little stronger.

I think a lot of people crave sugar when they quit drinking. I've tried to continue with healthy habits so I exercise several times a week and try to eat better. I figure since I'm giving my liver some much needed relief I may as well let the rest of my body take a walk on the healthy side. (This week was a bust though!)
If your sponsor is not giving you what you need then look for a new one!