Old 03-03-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
thomas11

Hi Lbs, I will share what I can. My 72 father who had a successful career, got addicted to oxycodone. Never saw him get addicted to any "drugs" in his life. He was an athlete when he was younger, hated potheads and hippies etc... . But he fell in love with oxycodone, made him feel like he had gone to heaven. He also exhibited poor discipline in taking them. He had them prescribed for legitimate purposes but he liked how they made him feel...high. He's finally off it, but it was pretty hard for him. He tapered and when he finally quit he said it wasn't too bad.
I myself have been taking oxycodone for 8 months now. I am prescribed 60 mg per day, I have weened myself down to about 25mgs per day with no ill effects other than a couple nights of restless sleep and one or two bouts of diarrhea (sorry, but the truth). I've been through moderate alcohol withdrawal, and if I had to compare the two, the alcohol withdrawal is 10X worse. Again, strictly speaking for myself. I'm hoping to be completely off oxycodone in the next 45 days. Just wanted to share what I could.