Old 03-03-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Twofish

Hi Sarahbear,
This question is making me think too hard...let me tell you of my daughter.
She's 21, active Meth/Herion user for 2 yrs, except when she is in rehab.
Her BF, 23, is a meth addict, he says just turned into a "functioning Herion" addict.
He overdosed last November, she called me hysterically crying, that after nodding off, she awoke to a purple BF. I told her to hang up and call 911, which she did. By the grace of God, the paramedics gave him 3 shots of Narcan, intubated him and off to the hospital. He's ok. He was lucky he's not dead.
One would think such a "shock" of almost dying, technically dying, they would STOP this and seek recovery....Nope, the next month they were back at it. They prefer Meth and after staying up for days, their roommates said they had to go. Well, the roommates caved and let them stay.
Two weeks ago, after a long Meth binge, they started arguing, texting/telling me how awful they are. Yep, they are toxic to each other, yet they still want to be "together". The roommates have given them til this Sunday to move out. They are getting their own apartment. But they want to stay with me until it's ready...NO WAY IN HE!! Will I let that happen. She's my daughter, but she's also an active addict. I have no control over her addiction, and I learned that the hard way.
So, anyway, I guess until these two have significant sobriety/recovery in, it's not looking too good. I do have hope for them, but I'm not going to watch them die.
Sarah, this doesn't answer your question, it just gives you what I see in my life, very short bursts of sobriety, two ppl that care about each other in a relationship that they don't think they need recovery. So I'll just take care of my son and myself and pray someday that my AD and her BF dig themselves out of this hole and find the strength to embrace their sobriety.
IMHO two addicts will not workout, in love or friendship, unless a ton of recovery time is in and tools are learned.
TF

Hey Vale! Miss you!