Old 03-03-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
360startstoday

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
Yay, Jobei!!!! What a relief!!!!

Nice to see you again, Max.

360 I have been plagued by thoughts of my past every time I've quit drinking--and it doesn't happen right away, either. My brain has to de-fog just enough so that I can start remembering the horrible things I did. But from my experience, it gets easier. I stopped dwelling on them and learned to see what Dee talked about. I couldn't change the past, but I had a shot at my future if I stayed sober.

This time it happened early on, but then disappeared. But then again, I'm still in a fog for some reason!

Day 8. Today I registered for a really interesting conference that involves getting up at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday! When I was drinking, I either 1) would not have registered at all 2) I'd register with high hopes but then the day would come, and I'd be physically unable to go due to a raging hangover.

Have a good night, everyone.
Thanks! I talk to myself allot these days, tell my brain to shut up, you know. Congrats on 8 days! I did the conference thing last weekend, it turned out awesome, and just the same as you, I never would have gone if I was still drinking.