View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dionysos803

Well, interesting series of events have transpired. My brother has started asking for help. But he needs someone to call his insurance company to find where they cover to get help, someone to make the calls for help figure out his plan, do everything he needs done for him that he should do on his own.

I still see this as BS. Even though he is trying to say he's detoxed himself, and needs other help to continue his sobriety, his pupils were blown and chained smoked like his life didn't depend on it.

So after my brother showed up unannounced at out father in laws business and broke down to my wife about how he wanted to come over to my place to talk, she sent him on his way over as they cant have an addict causing a scene in a restaurant. When he arrived at my place, his actions were all over the place. He was jumping onto craigslist to look up BS jobs (meanwhile he is 3 months away from a welding certification and he is still a functioning addict). Which shows me he is still looking at today not the future. Then between episodes of having to search for jobs, I had to make calls to his insurance company. Then he'd start talking and shows me the bruising on his arm from banging heroine. But follow it up with but I'm clean now for 4 days...No he's not. He may not be banging heroine for a few days, but def not detoxed.

Do i take this as a wake-up call on his behalf or the same old manipulation that comes from an addict? Ie, he tells you partial truth to cover up or divert your attention from something else.