Old 03-01-2016, 11:59 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
opalblue

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
It fights cravings, and eases withdrawal. Prescription only. The doc wanted me to get through some of the emotional baggage before doing this [to get at the base of why I drink], but after 4 months, I need more help. And I assured her that I would continue with all the support work I'm doing.

Campral Treatment for Alcoholism

I want to start trying, but I have a bit of ADHD, so it's never been my thing.

I have another doc appt tomorrow with the GP, and I need to admit about the booze, that it's probably the cause of my high blood pressure. This is going to be really HARD.

My son was pretty disappointed me in this morning. This has got to be my main driver to quit for good. How can he trust me when I've promised to quit so many times?? I sense him pulling away.

Thanks, everyone. knb, great job pouring it down the drain. Inspirational!

Garden gal you definitely have to do this for your son. How old is he? I cannot tell you how much closer I am to my son since I stopped. I have time for him. We talk in the morning we talk at night. We laugh! I havnt laughed with him in a long time.

You must do this. Life is too short and your son will grow up fast. I dint want my.son to recent me and tell me that I wasn't never there fir him. :-((

I also have to see my doctor next week. Having my liver tested again. The doctor told me to lay off the alcohol after Christmas for at least a month. Ofcourse I didn't until late Jan