Thread: Hi all...
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forester

Thank you all.

I know what you're talking about fini with realizations fading over time and alcohol sneaking back in your life. I've been there before too. This one was very strong, I seriously believe it was a life changing event for me. When I thought about having a beer a couple of days ago (because the anxiety was so harsh) I got one out of the fridge and looked at it. I felt literally sick at the thought drinking it. Then I put it back in the fridge, I might have a guest sometime who wants it.

I've just been so unwell to be honest, I haven't even really got to enjoy not drinking, except for waking without a hangover.

For the last 4 or 5 of days I have taken diazempam 10mg at night to help with the anxiety. I'm not worried short term about taking this (in terms of addiction), but someone told me that because it effects the same receptors as alcohol that I could be prolonging this difficult period and making things worse by using that as an aid? Is that true? Does anyone here know?

Other people have told me it can take months to get over this? I've dealt with depression and fatigue before from substance abuse, but never anxiety.