Thread: What do I do
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 03:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Steely

I've tried Naltrexone and Campril and all they seemed to do was to have me drink more effectively but not reduce consumption. I was offered Baclofen when I was in re-hab but after reading all of the side-effects connected to it decided to give it a miss. Many of the other 'patients' took it without having read the same information and were asked to sign a waiver. It must have become standard practice in the meantime. Personally, I just had to 'get it' and decide that I preferred and wanted sobriety more than I wanted to drink. Pros and cons. I know that our alcoholism is not based on quantity imbibed but how any amount effects us, but for health reasons alone you are binge drinking and binge drinkers are at greater risk than your everyday drinker. Apparently the assault is felt more profoundly. That's what I've heard at anyrate and am happy to be corrected. lol Sounds to me that you really don't want to drink. It seems to be troubling you which is a good enough reason to stop. Keep posting and talk it out.