Thread: What do I do
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Silver11

What do I do

I've been here before many times.
I e tried AA twice and just couldn't stick. I drink beer. About 1-2 times per week, 8-9 cans each time. Is this a problem? I know only I can answer that but I need perspective. I can't help myself in Fridays. On Monday I'll be so determined to quit. By Friday my mind is so soft I just float to the bar and drink. I know I need to stop because it's affecting my health. I feel guilt about drinking because it was truly out of control daily drinking for many years and only in the last 5 years settled down to once a week.

The thing about AA is.. That I've read in the big book that I may be an unfortunate, who cannot or will not be honest with myself. I can. I just can't help myself of Friday. My AA friends said to call a sponsor or friend when I have the urge. But when I have the urge that's the last thing I would want to do.. And it starts all over again.

I know I sound hopeless. But looking back.. Alcohol has ruled my life and decisions since I was 18. I'm almost 40 now.

Does anyone have any experience with Naltrexone or Baclofen? Have read good things about those drugs.

Thanks