Thread: Crutches
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Juno11

Hey - I just wanted to post my experience here. Keep in mind that I don't have a problem with caffeine and it doesn't cause any negatives in my life (only positives!) so just wanted to give another perspective.

I drink only coffee and an occasional diet coke - I stay away from energy drinks.

A few times in my life I have given up caffeine for different reasons.

1. I didn't want to be "addicted" to a drug, even if it was coffee.
2. One time I was pregnant and gave it up for the entire pregnancy because I didn't want to pass on caffeine to the baby.
3. I did a health food cleanse once and it was required to be in the program.

It is definitely possible to give up caffeine, and it can be done - you may experience headaches the first few days, but it can be done.

HOWEVER, here's my take - I don't think coffee is bad for you. There are numerous numerous studies online and elsewhere about the health benefits of coffee. The last time I tried to give up coffee, I actually got depressed. I missed that morning ritual and the boost it gave to my brain as I was waking up. To me, coffee makes the mornings bearable and everything better. I don't really care if it's an addiction per se, because it's a positive thing in my life (alcohol, on the other hand - extremely negative!)

Here's an example of all the positives of coffee - I wanted to post this because I see so many times on this board that people think coffee is "bad for you."

13 Proven Health Benefits of Coffee (No. 1 is My Favorite)

Good luck with your decision!