View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dionysos803

Well it looks as though things haven't taken too long for my brother and father to start spinning out of control once again.

Apparently my brother took himself to the ER. Looking to get himself into a program. The hospital sent him home, which is back to our AF's place.

Before my brother was kicked out of our mother's house, my father was 2 months "clean" with no drinking (smoked weed instead of drank). Withing a day or two of my brother going to stay out our AF's place, the "household" spending habits went right back to what they were when both of them were on their substances of choice.

I guess it's safe to assume our father is back on the booze. My brother's says he wanted to get in a program for heroine treatment. So, I don't see this situation getting any better in the upcominfg days.....

I've withdrawn myself from from the two of them. But the only thing I can't get over is trying to figure out what drugs my brother was taking while he claimed he was "clean." Obviously it doesn't matter what drugs he was taking. For some reason I really can not stop thinking about this one aspect of his addiction.

Before going back to his father's place, his pupils were always blown blown blown. I know opiates will cause them to restrict instead of dilate. Other than that, it's hard to distinguish between other obvious indications of what drugs the kid was on from one drug to another.

Lastly, I want to bring up my concerns regarding how hard it is for those strickened with an addiction illness. Which the truth of the matter is a combination of health insurance companies, and therefore lack of profitability for the hospitals, and dumb blanket laws ment to provide patient rights to the average person. Of which the laws make it reasonable for insurance providers not to cover treatment plans since patients can walk out before getting better. Hospitals don't supply the needed services to easily intake and provide proper care for rehabbing patients. And insurance lobbiests keep government from changing the laws on addiction and patient rights....take away the rights of an addict. Boom problem solved. No rights means no signing your self out of treatment. No choice in leaving means insurance companies will be forced to cover treatment. When an addiction checks themselves in, they want the help. It's not until the drugs wear off before addiction kicks in and they no longer want help because they can't look past their next fix. The mentally challenged and children do not have rights to check themselves out, that's up to their caretakers. If addiction is a disease it's no different than autism, in that the states view them as not being capable of making the best choices on their own behalf.

Now before anyone goes off and says the addict has to make that choice on their own, I am specifically speaking in regards to those that initially choose to get help on their own or homelessness.

At the very least, if an addict goes into a medical facility seeking help or treatment, the facility should be made to hold the individual there for 3 to 5 days for detox. as well as put in the paperwork to have their license suspended. I know they can get your license taken away as that's how my father lost his. And he can not get it back until a medical professional clears him from his illness.