Old 02-28-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Delizadee

Weeehooo!!! Day 14!!

I missed 3 AA meetings I was planning on going to last night and this morning- oops. I got my van stuck out at my farm and ended up staying there for night. I kinda had a slip up of sorts last night... not drinking related though. And I don't feel one bit guilty about it lol... in fact I am in a pretty darn good mood. No harm done.

Every day that passes I am feeling more at peace with myself. I remember being pregnant in 2012 an moving out to the farm. That first year out there was amazing. I was sober, happy, healthy and oh so busy. I find myself back to that same peace of mind I felt then, even though everything is still such a mess and so much to figure out. Starting to get my feet planted back on the ground and the strength to deal with things as they come and with a calm head.

I've finally learned how to flip anger and resentment around pretty quickly. Instead of mulling on things for days on end and turning a rain cloud into a hurricane like I had a tendency to do. It's lifted a lot of the anxiety and pain I was dealing with.

I'm sorry so many of us struggle with our families. I know I do too. I had to take a break from half of my small family so I could work on my recovery. They made my early recovery AWFUL for me. This time around I'm sticking to protecting my sobriety and just keeping my space until I am solid enough to calmly deal with them again.

Good work everyone. And big hugs to those who are struggling.
Happy happy Sunday Februbuddies <3

It's been so awesome reading stories, sharing in each other's lives and getting those links that are shared. You guys are all amazing people.