Old 02-28-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
OldTomato

knb - Sorry to hear that woman is causing problems for you in your meeting. I would recommend switching groups rather than getting into any conflict. Getting into an argument could cause you to drink again, or put you off meetings altogether. I'd rather that didn't happen for you.
Like jobei said, it could be good to look at it and think "that's not me". The man who had been drinking in my meeting today allowed me to look at things from a different perspective. He felt on top of the world and confident, when really he was annoying everyone. One of my reasons for drinking was confidence, it really showed me that drunk confidence isn't desirable.

jobei - I wish I could tip/give away that vodka, but I'm scared that just holding the bottle will be a trigger for me. Maybe I'm just making excuses? I will get round to getting rid of it. When I'm home alone next perhaps.

SweatyHands - Congrats on reaching Day 4, I'm glad you got some sleep!

Badger - Day 25 is amazing! That means you're approaching a month of sobriety now?

Emandm - Well done on Day 22. It's brilliant that you're getting work around the house done. Unfortunately my room is still a bit of a tip in sobriety.

GardenGal - It's great that you're opening up to your husband and I hope you do keep those promises. Remember that you're doing this for yourself as well though! Going to meetings is a great idea, especially if you liked your last one.

safeandsound - Thanks for sharing that link, it described it all perfectly! It does feel like an obstacle course. On average when trying to quit I'd reach Day 3, I think my best was Day 6. Beating that average did feel like getting past the first part of the obstacle course. I need to remember that any struggles I'm facing right now is just something I need to work through, otherwise I'll be trapped in that field again.