Old 02-27-2016, 10:04 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Paix Amour

Yes I suppose not everybody is actually cut out to be a great parent. It's not a job for everybody. People just get pregnant like that and some find themselves swimming in stress. I guess that would sometimes manifest itself as resenting g ones child or children. You blame them for the parental stress. And then thats sometimes expressed as abuse.

Hmmmm I'm going to have to think about what you've just said Hmm

Because I have certainly felt overwhelmed with parenting my son. He has aspergers and he can be very difficult to manage and parent. But have I ever resented him???? I dont think so. But I have had days where I think omg what on earth was I thinking having children. But I love him to bits.

It's not easy being a parent especially a single parent to a difficult child. I do love him though.

I totally understand what you're saying about breaking the cycle. I'm wanting to do the same. Even though my mother nor father are alcoholics I do feel being an actively drinking alcoholic is a type of abuse. How can it not impact negatively on one's child in many ways.