Old 02-27-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
jobei

It's great to hear that ppl are not drinking... helps me a lot thank you. I'm not able to do much today, I am battling a respiratory infection and the antibiotics are pretty intense... it is also my day 5 thank god and my withdrawls are at a minimum... the mental withdrawals will last for quite some time though I need to be prepared. Have any of you heard of the "Pink cloud of sobriety"? You can Google it, very interesting concept if you're not familiar with it. Basically it's when you feel really amazing right after giving up what you're addicted to but then shortly after the excitement fades and you kind of crash back to reality. It's a theory like most things but personally I've experienced it BIG TIME. It worries me a bit so I plan to stay vigilant and not let my guard down. I will continue to pay attention to what's really going on in my head. As soon as I start feeling good is when my trouble comes.

I wish that I could do more but truthfully I need to rest and heal. I'm mad that my brain won't just accept that.. give my body a chance. This will be the last time that I go through this confusion and pain. I might run into other pain but it will not be from drinking alcohol.