View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dionysos803

Worth saying anything?

I was wondering if it's worth reaching out to my younger brother to just give him a loving words of advice. Something like, we love you and hope you find your way back to the path.

I already know, regardless of what or how I say it, he will take defense, deny it and act as if I'm the crazy one for speaking up about something he's not (but is) doing.

About a year ago my father and he gotold into a physical altercation. My brother was arrested. Went to an outpatient program for 30 days and went to live at our mothers house for a more stable environment than with our alcoholic father.

I've started noticing many of his old habits come back to life over the last 3 or 4 months. A few days ago he lost it with my mom and she subsequently kicked him out as she finally realized he was back on drugs.

Somewhere around 2 or 3 months ago my father somehow seems to have quit drinking. His doctor said if he hadn't seen my father and assessed him with his own eyes he would never believe he made a recovery. he was very sick thin and gone in the head before his "recovery"...I have a hard time believing the doctor, and assume it's only a matter of time before he relapses therefore I never stopped my NC rule I had in place.

After my brother was kicked out of my mother's house he went back to our father's place. Within the first two days of being back in the place, the out of control spending habits they shared due to our father being too drunk to watch over his account and my brother who takes his car and pulls out cash for our dad to buy booze (not sure why he insists on using cash as booze are legal to buy and credit/debit cards are usually accepted at all liquor stores), and plenty of extra cash for himself were back to the same old same old.

Therefore I have little to no doubt my brother is back on drugs. Not sure which ones as his past had him dabbling in meth, mdma, and heroin. His pupils are always blown, and I have my suspicions it's back to meth. I feel like I could get some closure of my own if I could only find out what he's actually on (not like it matters, but somehow I feel as though it does).

Regarding our father, I already assumed he was drinking regardless of what the doctor said. Now that he's allowing the cash flow to go right back to where they were in during their downward spiral, I am more confident he's back on the sauce.

All the patterns are back in place. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck I'd say we got a set of addicts around again. Because of this I have no doubt any correspondence I try to have with my brother is going to be brushed off and deflected just like before. I know nothing will immediately come of it should I reach out to him.

My reasoning for looking to reach out to him is more for the hopes it will get through to him on his own time. Hopefully before it's too late, if it's not too late already.