Old 02-26-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sunnydayz143

Hello ,
It sounds to me like part of you recognizes this is an issue and that is a good thing! Considering you have admitted that your diagnoses of type 2 diabetes can greatly be attributed to your alcohol intake it could only be beneficial for you to stop now. Alcohol is basically all carbs which break down into sugars. If you can stop drinking you may be able to gain control over your diabetes and potentially get yourself back to a non-diabetic state. This begin said, diabetes can have major effects on your body and it would be wise to disclose this information with a medical professional and get their personal opinion. I think it is great that you have started to cut down your consumption and I believe that if you truly want it you can do it. The one thing I would add is that I believe it is really important that you seek out medical advice from a professional( sorry for repeating myself) . I only emphasize this because when people consume alcohol on a regular basis over years the bodies electrolytes can become unbalanced and there are certain vitamins which you're body will need.