Old 02-26-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Bunny211

My sponsor trained me to leave my phone in the car. When I first started working with her I brought it into a meeting she was chairing. I had set the alarm on my phone because I planned on taking a nap and skipping the meeting. At the last minute I decided to go. I put my phone on vibrate but forgot to turn off the alarm. In the middle of her share my alarm went off. She shot daggers out of her eyes. OMG. She never said anything to me...she didn't have to. From then on I left my phone in the car.

Totally agree on the 2 week sober person dispensing advice. Cracks me up every time.

I really learn a lot at meetings. I love the old timers who have seen and heard it all. Some of them have been through some crazy **** in sobriety and stayed sober! That's what I love to hear. I stand in awe at some of them. Like, your wife and baby were killed in a freak sailing accident and you stayed sober?! HOW did you do that? Give me your wisdom! I really want to be like a sponge...absorbing as much as I can from meetings.