View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
walkinganewpath

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
You are reading from the book "The Language of Letting Go."

Twelve Step Programs

There is magic in Twelve Step programs. There is healing power in connecting with other recovering people. We access this healing power by working the Steps and by allowing them to work on us. The Twelve Steps are a formula for healing.
The topic of the steps (particularly 1-4) keep coming up for me all the time lately. Wednesday meeting was on Step 2 - the speaker did a fabulous job with it. Daily readings that I do and here on SR the subject keeps popping up. As always...what I need but this time I'm more aware of the message.

I agree that there is so much recovery to be had by working the steps. That said I have found that it has taken me a bit of time to let the program and the messages soften my heart and for my head to intellectually grasp and implement some basic concepts. Until those things happened for me I couldn't wrap myself around the idea of working the steps - it sounded so daunting. But once I've started I seem to be gaining some momentum - yes with the usual two steps forward and one step or more backwards. I also have realized that you can't just work them 1-12 once and be done. Each time I encounter something that scares me about my circumstances or myself I have to take it back to Step 1 again.

Thanks again for posting