View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
MesaMan

GoingNowhere ~

'I never want to go through this again'.

BAM! And, there ^ is the huge incentive to pull it off this time. I felt much better at about 1 Week in ~2 Years ago. As in, Life-changing better. You're ~1/2 way there to that first Week Benchmark. Stick it! By that Phrase - used when Gymnasts don't hop when landing - I mean nail it this time. You can do this!

Since I'm all Coffee'd up this Morning, lemme tell you a few Stories. 3 fairly-new Pals from our Local Dog Park.

1. N****. A local Steak House Waitress. Nice Couple. She & Live-in J** have been Married about 7 Years. Lived several places. Turns out she wants a Kid. He doesn't. So, they decided to amicably split recently. She drops about 40 lbs. I've seen her w/glistening Eyes at the Dog Park, and I know they both 'hit it' at the end of their Work Shirt at Night. Mainly Wine.

She lets her Vehicle Tags expire, and gets a possible DUI - fo sho DWAI - as a result when she gets pulled over. Won't blow a Road-side. Opts for a Blood Test. Well, when you won't Blow The Bag - and demand a Blood Test - what used to be a 1 Year License Suspension is now a 2 Year Mandatory License Suspension. As it's been told to me...

She was all set to move out from her Live-In, and had another House all Rented. Was looking to Artificially Inseminate. Told me Months ago all about her Breast Reduction Surgery, so I guess I look harmless in person, eh? Even though I told her I could arrange a 'Donation' if she wanted to pop out a Scottish KId w/a known Drinking problem! No Dice. Now, all her Life Plans are on hold. After Attorney Fees; mandatory Alcohol Classes; and all that, she's out ~$10,000 that she don't have.

2. Handyman N***. After Dinner at this local ***** Tonk, and a few Beers, he helped resolve a rowdy Patron 'Crisis' by easing the Guy out the Door, and into the Parking Lot. The appreciative Bartender bought him a Shot. Crown, or something like that. He gets pulled over, and blew a 0.089 Road-side. 0.08+ is a DUI. He's also out about $10,000. I'm employing him at the going Rate of $10-/Hour for Staining House Porch Beams, and doing all kinda 'stuff' I've done alone for too long. It's a Win - Win. He makes it up most Days; except for Alcohol Class Days. Which he 'gets' to pay $25-/each for. 2.5 Hours of work around the House, here, for 1 Weekly Class. Hot Dog! His DUI from 25 Years ago was not properly dismissed, apparently. It was still on his Record, and counted against him come time to Plea this DUI. Due to this weird 'spike' on his BAC Test Readout, his Attorney believes there was Alcohol trapped under his Upper Denture. A State Agency reviewing his Case recommended Dismissal, because the BAC Results were so weird. Didn't matter. Nailed him.

3. Our Stamped Concrete Porch Contractor ***. Ran into him at the Dog Park. He was there looking at a Gal Breeder's Dobermans. Gorgeous. His GF kicked him to the Curb, and kept his last Dobie. So, he wanted to replace it. He did. Then, he got a DUI on his Motorcycle. Claimed it took only 3 Beers. He's out - wait for it - $10,000. I'm not positive, but I think the mandatory License Suspension is 3 Months for the first DUI. He called me yesterday; very anxious to get on with Phase II of our Concrete Pour around here.

Blowing a >0.08 BAC anymore appears to be very easy. Just in this Circle Of Nice Folks, I'm seeing 3 Lives - how you say - Fornicated Over! The 3rd DUI here in Colorado is now a Felony, with Jail time. My nutso, violent p/t Drunk Neighbor has 5 DUIs, but all before the prior toughened Laws.

Them's my Stories, and I'm sticking to it! Hang with us, here!