Old 02-24-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

It sounds to me like you have suffered a great deal in your young life, and for that I am very sorry. Your situation is kind of complicated, in that you DO need to get sober (or alcohol will ruin the rest of your life), but your relationship with your Dad sounds extremely toxic and unhealthy for you. (Probably for him, too, but that's his problem.)

Since you have been under State care for a long time, do you have a social worker you can talk to? I know school is important to you, but it seems like the most pressing problems right now are your drinking and having to live under your father's thumb. A good social worker should be able to help you figure out a plan that will accomplish this. I would make you, and your healing, your number one priority right now. Your father is a grown man and it isn't your job to provide a social or family life for him. You can pay him back for the lawyer, if you're so inclined, at some point in the future. First things first (to coin a phrase).

I'd suggest as another good first step finding an AA meeting of your own and sharing NOTHING about your recovery with your father. You sound like a very strong and determined young person. I think you can achieve great things, but not if you are enslaved by alcohol or by your relationship with your father.