View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
MikeM

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
Shoot. I can't believe I am actually thinking about going to a doctor. Should I contact my psychiatrist? I think he hates me.
Pouncer, this is going to sound extremely harsh but it comes from a place of caring and compassion. I find it difficult to say, but I think it will benefit you. I mean it filled with compassion and caring when I say:

You can't know if your psychiatrist hates you because you have a disorder that prevents you from judging what people think about you.

Go to a doctor. Go to your psychiatrist. Bring your husband if it makes you feel better.

I can tell you one thing: a doctor or psychiatrist who doesn't simply care about their patients is very rare. That's because they don't last long in the profession. They will get complaints and if they keep it up, they will leave the profession.

Go to your doctor. And your psychiatrist. You are not the only one who finds it scary. The key is to do it anyway, even though you're afraid.

You want a better life, don't you? Given your situation, you need to get all the professional help you need.

I'm thinking about you and hope you make the wise decision.