View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 04:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
WritingSuzan

Dear Luri,

as daughter of a Narcissist father who also had a company with almost the whole family involved, I would tend to the same solution as Refiner: It might be best for your husband's and your own sanity (both spiritual and financial) to step away from that system and look for another work.

This might sound totally undoable at first because narcisstic systems tend to look unchangeable and without alternative. But they are not. They only work as long as people around the narcissist support them and feel fixed under the power of the narcissist.

From my own experience and the experience of my sister I know how hard and heartbreaking it can be to step away from such a system. How much you fear to not only lose your existence but also your place in the family and your whole "base". But it is possible. And it is for the best. Not only for your own sanity and the sanity of your husband in recovery, but for the whole system. Maybe even for the narcissist himself who loses a part of his support and gets closer to his own rock bottom.

My father has deceased last year, in peace with me but in no peace with my sister. And even if we all were very sad about it, it has healed the system of the family (and the company) and everyone now is in a much better place spiritually and even financially.

Stepping away from my narcissist father and his company has also helped me a great deal in my own recovery from co-addiction I was living with my partner. Still not all issues are solved, but I have gained much more strenght by knowing that I am able to leave a system that is doing damage to my sanity and makes me feel as if I had no choices.

I hope this all makes sense.

I am sorry you have to got through such a tough process of decision.

All the best for you

WritingSuzan