View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 01:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Luri

RAH and My Narcissist Father

Hi all. It's been a while since I've been on the forum. Been in Al-Anon over 3 years and husband is sober for nearly 6 years.
I'm having issues when it comes to talking with my highly manipulative and narcissistic father.
My husband used to work for him(I still do) but was fired under very bad terms. My father basically backed everyone else in the company (money & security reasons) and fired my husband.
We ate through our savings over the past year of his unemployment (husband is severely depressed, hurt and resentful) and this past November my father mentioned the possibility of my husband working there again. My husband inquired but my dad never responded.
I am getting very frustrated at my dad with all of this (side story - my brother in law, who also works there, cheated on and left my sister and my dad didn't fire him). I'm honestly sick of all the games with my dad but to quit now would be financially irresponsible.
More than anything I'm worried about my husbands sobriety(he himself has talked about how much stress this is on it).
I am in the position to speak up to my dad and talk to him about how his actions are affecting us but I'm very worried he will lash out and go back to his manipulative ways and crush me with guilt.
I'm rambling. I hope I communicated this clearly. It's a way longer story but I don't want to type for days.

Any suggestions on how to support my husbands sobriety and grow up against my fathers manipulative ways?