View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 10:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
amy55

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I'd suggest you see a doctor, amy. Whether it was carbon monoxide or something else, you're feeling sick and having headaches. If it WAS carbon monoxide, they may be able to detect that in your blood and put you on pure oxygen for a bit. If it was something else then that may be something else you want to investigate.

I'm going to be perfectly honest here. Last time I had a PCP was in 2004. I didn't even have a PCP while going through cancer treatments. I even stopped my yearly check ups for the cancers. Last check up was in 2011. Had 2 cancers, and a DVT. (deep vein thrombosis). That was back in 2000. Wow, I just realized that I did go to a PCP after my cancer, but I only went there to get SSRI's that didn't work for me. Tried at least 3 or 4 of them. None of them worked, because I was still married and living with him.

You brought up a very important point for me to think about. I have been thinking about seeing a Dr. at least for just a regular check up and blood tests, and I have been putting this off for years.

When I was married, I remember all the times that I just didn't want to wake up the next day. Thought Drs. would interfere with that. Didn't even go to the Dr for the cancer, till the pain was so bad that I had to. I had been looking to make an appt for that at least one year prior to when I did actually go, and I was Stage 3B at that time. (cervical cancer). They made me do all these other test and found breast cancer also. Stage 1. I thought I won the lottery. Something is going to get me out of this marriage. It didn't work that way, I lived.

Now, I do have a reason to live, and I'm still not doing anything about it.

Thanks for the push.

((((hugs)))))
amy