Old 02-20-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MikeM

Thank you all. There's a reason that posting here is in my Wellness Toolbox. It really helps. Everyone helps. Whether it's a long post or a "Way to go!", it all helps a lot. And I'm very grateful for that.

Thanks for your post SobrieTee (gotta love that name!). I think I have nothing to worry about but am prepared for bad news.

Also, there is one thing that just came to mind that I wanted to share. I don't remember where I got it from, but I think it was someone on tv talking about health. I'm not sure what they said exactly, but I'm paraphrasing.

They talked about how people say that the body is a temple. But that he saw it differently. The body is like a car.

Now I LOVE that. Being the realist that I am, I found that brilliant. Because it's a much better metaphor. The body is not a stationary object that you have to treat well. It's a moving object that you need to keep in optimum condition. Fill the tank with what it needs. Refresh the oil. Keep it clean. Keep the brakes working. Every part of it. And if someone is broken or about to break, do something about it.

That way you can move through life as well as possible. A temple is nice, but it doesn't go anywhere. I'd be bored to tears within the first 2 hours.

Just wanted to share this gem that I came across.