View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

Hi everyone

How are you feeling courage? It's an interesting question you ask. My experience is similar to Tam. When I was drinking my mind would not stop. I could switch off with a drink but the next day was torture. The mental instability, the incessant thoughts, intrusive thoughts, imagined conversations with people ,just the general craziness of my mind scared me.

It took months to go. I used to think I was depressed but now realize it was anxiety, exacerbated by drinking. I still have the anxiety, though in a more mild form and it is helped by a very mild anti anxiety drug. it calms the thoughts.

Although I didn't do AA and the steps the general self awareness I've developed since quitting has helped me. even if the anxiety is still there I've just learned how to handle it better since being sober.

I thought the HRT helped me hugely too as my own hormones were probably playing a large part in my unstable brain. I've been off them for 2 weeks tho due to physical problems. I won't bore the gentlemen aboard with the details

I've felt physically horrendous since stopping them. Off to the hospital this week for a scan and hopefully will be able to start them again soon as I definitely can't go on like this. I had to call in sick one day this week for the first time in this job. I feel awful.

How are your renovations going Gonzo?

Good to hear from you Tam. How is your son? Is he still at school or at college now? What age do they leave school in the US?

Thinking of you all.x