View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pressmetilihurt

Alcohol really does stop working

I've heard it said in meetings before that alcohol stopped working. I never knew what they meant. I felt like alcohol always did what I needed but that came with consequences. Now, I'm a newcomer again but I've gotten so much out of previous sobriety that I don't need alcohol the way I used to. I thought drinking again would make me happy, make me feel included and at ease but it didn't. Just more puking, lying, drunk driving and now role modeling with a kid around. I needed to stop but couldn't seem to find the will. I wrote on here that I didn't have the will to quit. I started posting on here again even though I was still drinking. You guys gave me so much encouragement. And God pulled the trigger. Bad analogy but I mean that when I was willing God allowed me to follow his light. This sounds so corny. Think tinkerbell or something. I don't know exactly but there was a confluence of things I'll call God that brought me back to sobriety. And now, though it might not last, I have the gift of disinterest. I play the tape through and being sloppy drunk isn't anything I want. Love you all. Keep coming back.